Very elegant 1940’s rosewood bar cabinet attributed to Osvaldo Borsani.
The cabinet has 4 doors. One on the left, one on the right and two in the middle. On the left and right glasses, shakers etcetera can be stored, see image 1 & 4, and when opening the doors, lights come on. In the centre you will find two small drawers, image 5, and space and a shelf for storing bottles and what else is needed to make the perfect drinks.
The top of the cabinet is covered with black glass, image 7. Image 8 shows a big sticker which is applied to the back of the cabinet from which we understand that it was produced in Lissone, close to Milano, and sold to a customer in Napoli.
The bar credenza is in fantastic condition. Measurements : W.157 x D.43 x H.122 cm.
Osvaldo Borsani was an Italian architect and designer. His father, Gaetano Borsani, was a noted furniture craftsman and his twin brother Fulgencio would be his collaborator and business partner. He studied at the Politecnico di Milano and after completing his degree, he joined the family business, Atelier Varedo (later Arredamento Borsani) as a furniture designer. Throughout the 1940s and early 1950s, Borsani produced a large body of work including case goods, storage pieces and seating. Especially noteworthy was a 1946 wall-mounted shelving system. In 1953, Osvaldo and Fulgencio founded a firm called Tecno which, as its name suggests, became known for its technology and research-based approach to furniture design. In 1955, Tecno issued one of its best known pieces, the P40 lounge chair. It featured rubber arms and could assume 486 distinct postures, the D70, a sofa version, was also manufactured. Osvaldo Borsani acted as the company’s sole designer for over 30 years, it was not until the mid-1980s that Gae Aulenti, Norman Foster and others began to contribute designs.